Lila Maria Kaban Profile Lila Maria Kaban

The effect of transformational leadership and competence on employee performance with job satisfaction as intervening variable

  • Authors Details :  
  • Yusuf Ronny Edward,  
  • Lila Maria Kaban

Article Views Research reports

This study aims to see and determine the effect of transformational leadership and competence of PT Waruna Shipyard Indonesia on employee performance through job satisfaction as intervening variable. This research was conducted at PT. Waruna Shipyard Indonesia, located on Bagan Deli Street, Medan Belawan District, North Sumatra. This research was conducted of the month of August 2019-January 2020. The data analysis tool by structural equation modeling (SEM) with smartpls program. The population is employees at PT. Waruna Shipyard Indonesia in 2019, namely as many as 134 employees. This study used slovin formula for the sampling, calculations sample were respondents is 100 permanent employees of PT. Waruna Shipyard Indonesia. Thus taken 30 respondents outside of the sample to validity and reliability test instrument for testing questionnaires. Based on structural equation modeling (SEM) analysis, transformational leadership and competence have positive and significant effect on employee performance with job satisfaction as intervening variable at PT. Waruna Shipyard Indonesia. The contribution of transformational leadership, competence, and job satisfaction explains the employee performance variable of 0.724 or 72.40%. The remaining 0.276 or 27.60% is effect by other independent variables not examined in this study.

Article QR Code

The effect of transformational leadership and competence on employee performance with job satisfaction as intervening variable QR Code

Article Subject Details


Article Keywords Details



Article File

Full Text PDF




More Article by Lila Maria Kaban

Analysis of the effect of communication, competence and work discipline on job satisfaction at pt tribahtera srikandi

This study aims to determine the effect of communication, competence and work discipline on job satisfaction at pt. tribahtera srikandi. this research was conducted at pt. tribahte...

Effect of transformational leadership style to job satisfaction at pt musim mas, medan

There are more and more multinational enterprises growing in indonesia that makes foreign employees are increasing every year. thus, it is important for local workers to understand...

The effect of supply chain management and competitive advantage on company performance at pt ahlindo perkasa alam

Supply chain management, especially in manufacturing companies, is very important as the companies rely on the raw materials needed for production. moreover, the success of a compa...

Visitor motives of culinary and shopping festival event at lippo plaza medan

Today, the tourism industry has become richer and sophisticated. it involved various businesses and has given multiplier effect towards the society. one of dominant business activi...